Varicose Vein Treatment Specialist in Paramus, NJ
Vein treatments are procedures aimed at addressing various vein-related conditions, such as varicose veins or spider veins. Vein treatments have many benefits such as improved appearance, symptom relief, enhanced circulation, prevention of complications, increased comfort and mobility, and a boost in self-confidence.For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. Visit our clinic conveniently located at 1 Sears Drive, Suite 406 Paramus, NJ 07652.
Table of Contents:
Varicose veins are enlarged and twisted veins that commonly occur in the legs and feet. They often appear dark purple or blue and may bulge or look raised under the skin. Varicose veins develop when the one-way valves inside the veins become weakened or damaged, causing blood to flow backward and pool inside the vein. This can cause the vein to stretch, swell, and twist.
Varicose veins are a very common condition that affects millions of people worldwide. Factors that increase the risk of developing varicose veins include age, pregnancy, obesity, family history, standing or sitting for long periods, and a sedentary lifestyle.
While varicose veins are usually not a serious medical condition, they can be a cosmetic concern for some people. In some cases, they can lead to complications such as ulcers, blood clots, and bleeding. Treatment for varicose veins often includes lifestyle changes such as exercise and weight management, compression stockings, and medical procedures such as endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) or sclerotherapy.
Some of the most common signs of varicose veins include:
• Bulging veins – Varicose veins often appear as bulging, twisted veins on the surface of the skin.
• Discoloration – The veins may appear blue, dark purple, or red in color.
• Pain and discomfort – Varicose veins can cause pain, aching, and discomfort, especially after standing or sitting for long periods of time.
• Swelling – The affected area may be swollen, particularly at the end of the day.
• Skin changes – The skin around the affected area may become itchy, dry, or irritated. Skin ulcers may also develop.
• Restless legs – Varicose veins can cause restlessness or discomfort in the legs, especially at night.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be a sign of varicose veins. In this case, you should consult a varicose vein treatment specialist for an evaluation. Our dedicated team at Elysium Aesthetics and Vein Care can provide a thorough consultation and explain the most effective treatment options.
Some of the treatment options we offer for varicose veins include:
• Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) – This is a minimally invasive procedure that uses laser energy to close off the affected vein, causing it to shrink and eventually disappear.
• Radiofrequency ablation – Radiofrequency ablation is a similar procedure to EVLT. However, it uses radiofrequency energy instead of laser energy to close off the affected vein.
• Sclerotherapy – This method involves injecting a special solution into the affected vein, which causes it to collapse and eventually be reabsorbed by the body.
• Lifestyle changes – Making healthy lifestyle changes such as losing weight, exercising regularly, and avoiding prolonged periods of sitting or standing will help alleviate the symptoms of varicose veins.
EVLT, also known as endovenous laser treatment, is a highly effective and minimally invasive procedure used to treat varicose veins. During the procedure, a thin laser fiber is inserted into the affected vein through a small incision, and guided to the damaged area with the help of an ultrasound. Next, the laser energy is then delivered to the vein wall, causing it to collapse. Once the vein is closed off, blood flow is naturally redirected to healthier veins.
The procedure typically takes around 30 to 60 minutes to complete, depending on the size and number of veins being treated. Most patients can return to their normal activities immediately following the procedure, with little to no downtime required. EVLT is considered a highly effective treatment for varicose veins, with a success rate of over 90%. It is a relatively painless and low-risk procedure, with minimal scarring and discomfort. If you are experiencing varicose veins, EVLT may be the solution you’ve been searching for. Contact our clinic to find out more about EVLT or to book a consultation with a specialist. For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. Visit our clinic conveniently located at 1 Sears Drive, Suite 406 Paramus, NJ 07652. We serve clients from Paramus NJ, Westwood NJ, Bergenfield NJ, Ridgewood NJ, Fair Lawn NJ, Hackensack NJ.