Causes of Facial Aging and How Botox Can Help?
Do you want to reverse facial aging? Botox might be the perfect solution for you, Come to Elysium Aesthetics and Vein Care for a treatment. For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. Visit our clinic conveniently located at 1 Sears Drive, Suite 406 Paramus, NJ 07652.
Table of Contents:
People are turning to Botox more than ever. The growth in the use of Botox has been amazing in the last few years. Women and men are choosing this treatment to improve their appearance. This non-invasive treatment helps to maintain a youthful appearance without the need for surgery. If you want to rejuvenate most of your face or just improve a small area, Botox injections can make a big difference. It can also be combined with other treatments to help you reach your aesthetic goals.
There are 5 main areas that Botox works very well on. In these areas, it helps to reduce those lines and wrinkles that make us look older.
• Crow’s feet are those lines that appear on the outer corners of the eyes. Over time, as you squint, laugh, or smile, and your skin becomes less elastic these lines form and stay. Botox paralyzes the muscles around the eye to prevent movement and softens the lines.
• Forehead wrinkles are caused by the loss of elasticity in the skin and age. This allows for those long lines above the eyebrows to form. Botox relaxes the look of those lines.
• Glabellar lines are the lines that form between the eyebrows and look like an eleven on your forehead. Botox is used extensively to reduce the look of these.
• The corners of the mouth can become droopy as you age. This gives a tired expression to the face. Botox can help tighten the skin in this area reducing that droopiness.
• Eyebrows that are lifted are one of the most sought-after looks today. Lifted eyebrows give the look of being newly awakened. The shape of the eyebrows has become more important than size. Botox can help to give you a wide-eyed appearance.
You can have Botox on many parts of your face. It doesn’t work on all lines and wrinkles, but it does on a variety of them.
There are two main kinds of wrinkles, static and dynamic. Static wrinkles are caused by the loss of elasticity combined with the loss of fat in the skin. These are the wrinkles that are caused by sagging skin. Dynamic wrinkles are caused by muscle movement and a loss of elasticity in the skin. These are the wrinkles that form on the forehead, around the eyes, and mouth. These are often referred to as frown lines, laugh lines, crow’s feet, and lipstick lines.
Botox works to reduce the look of dynamic wrinkles and lines. It can be used in any place on the face where muscles can be numbed to reduce their movement so they are less able to form wrinkles.
Wrinkles and lines on the face give a person the appearance that they are tired or worse.
• The glabellar lines between the eyebrows can make you look angry even when you aren’t.
• The lines below the eyes give the look of fatigue.
• The lines above the mouth make you look angry.
• The lines that run from your nose to your mouth make you appear to be sad.
• The lines forming along your mouth’s side also make you look angry.
All of these lines make you look older by giving the appearance of being tired and angry with life. Botox can soften those lines, so you look like the worries of life haven’t had a chance to impact you, yet. Hence you look younger, happier, and youthful!
Other than the march of time there are a few things that will make us look older. One of the most prominent is the loss of elasticity in the skin. The loss of elasticity allows lines and wrinkles to form. The loss of elasticity can also give the skin an uneven appearance. Sun damage can give the skin an uneven color that adds to looking older. The loss of moisture in the face can lead to crepey-looking skin that ages appearance.
Elysium Aesthetics and Vein Care provides a wide array of services, including Botox. We can help you gain a more youthful and glowing look. For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. Visit our clinic conveniently located at 1 Sears Drive, Suite 406 Paramus, NJ 07652. We serve clients from Paramus NJ, Westwood NJ, Bergenfield NJ, Ridgewood NJ, Fair Lawn NJ, Hackensack NJ, and surrounding areas.